-->

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A monsterously good time!

Thought I'd share a couple more monster cupcakes with you...




And now, for the craft we did during the party...Continuing on with the theme of creating your own monster, we used these Iron-ons from SEI.


Each kit has about 50 pieces, with plenty of eyes, horns, mouths, and appendages. They've got some great You tube videos showing you some techniques for creation, even a video teaching you how to make additional bodies to stretch your dollar and use all the leftover body parts. (Unfortunately I didn't find this one until AFTER the party, but that means we have lots of monster creations left for the future!) You can see some of my daughter's shirt in this pic (along with her PURPLE monstrous cupcake)...


And my son wanted to prove that the kids actually LOOKED like the monsters they created...

We found the My Own Monsters at Michael's and Hobby Lobby, but you can snag them on Amazon too!

7 comments:

  1. Sue aka barracudasueJune 16, 2011 at 8:56 AM

    This is genius, Jen! Thanks for sharing these great pictures! :

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute party idea! SO FUN! You did a FABULOUS job with those cupcakes. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those cupcakes are awesome! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They had those at CHA when Jan/Jenette/Shirley and I were there....we all made a shirt or two...it was a BLAST for us, so I'm sure it was great for the kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you point me to the video about making more bodies for the monsters? Can't seem to find it. Thanks, these will be so great for my four boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curious how you made the pieces for the monster cupcakes (eyes, arms, horns, bows, etc...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sketched out the shapes I wanted on a piece of copy paper, then outlined with a sharpie for contrast. I put a piece of parchment paper over top of this on a baking sheet.
      Melted Wilton colored chocolate/candy discs in the microwave and loaded them into the squeeze bottles they carry in the candy aisle.
      Simply used the colored chocolate to trace over top of the pieces and parts I had sketched. Allowed to cool and then they lifted right of the parchment paper.

      Delete

Hi! I'd love to hear from you, so...leave me a message!