-->

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Other crafting media


So before I even got into scrapbooking and WAY before the wishblade bug bit...I sewed. This was my first attempt at a quilt. I used a fusible liner that had outlines of blocks on it. You just fused all the blocks to the liner and then sewed along the lines and voila! I did make the pattern for this quilt from one of my favorite pictures of Denali (AKA Mt McKinley) with the fireweed. I think this style of painting with patterned fabrics is called Watercolor quilting.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome quilt. I have done almost every craft and love to sew, but never have wanted to do a quilt. I do love them though and have one my great grandmother made in the early 1930's. I treasure it!

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear from you, so...leave me a message!