-->

Monday, June 22, 2009

Look at this!

Just wanted to share a pic of my latest creation! There had been some interest in some of the groups recently about paper lanterns. Well, I can't resist a 3D challenge, so I set about trying to figure out how to construct one. Once I figured out the basic geometry of it, my DH helped to create a spreadsheet that will allow me to set the desired diameter, the thickness of the star, the number of points, etc. I know, I know...he has always insisted that there is a reason to remember what they teach in high school geometry...well, I guess it's true!

Here's a pic (excuse the quality, it's taken from the cell phone...) I'll try to get some others later!



I created a template on my KNK for this one and added some swirly design elements. I haven't added lights to the inside yet...I have to find those old jack-o-lantern led lights (hmmmm, where are those in the basement???).

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Can't wait to see it lit up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Lights, hmm? Can't wait to see it with lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, when is this going to be up on Paperthreads for sale????? I LOVE it and "gotta" have it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever Clever lady..love it and the swirls look great I can imagine with the light how nice it will be. smiles Michelle [australia]

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! Where can I get your files?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear from you, so...leave me a message!